How to use and program your CodeDodger Keypad Model OWK-BX
Programming Your Garage Door Opener KeyPad
Important! Please Read. Before you begin, be aware of the following:
- For convenience, program your keypad before mounting.
- If programming your garage door opener is disrupted at any point due to program failure, clear/reset your keypad. Then, start over.
- Locate the “Learn Code” button and the “Learn Code” red LED indicator.
- Click on any of the following toggled sections below to reveal the related instructions.
Testing Garage Door Opener
- Enter your personal identification number (PIN).
- Press the button with the arrow up/down triangles.
- Press and hold the PROG button. Keep holding and proceed to step two.
- Press and hold the 6 button. Keep holding and proceed to step three.
- Press the key with the arrow up/down triangles.
Setting PIN on Keypad
- Press the following keys in order: 3, 5, 7, PROG (red LED blinks once per second).
- Enter your PIN (three to eight characters).
- Press the PROG key again (red LED blinks twice per second and turns off).
Programming One Garage Door Opener
- Press the “Learn Code” button once (red LED indicator will blink).
- Enter your PIN.
- Press the button with the arrow up/down triangles. The “Learn Code” indicator LED will stay on.
- Press the button with the arrow up/down triangles a second time. The “Learn Code” indicator LED will turn off.
- Press the button with the arrow up/down triangles a third time. Garage door should now move.
Programming for Two or Three Garage Door Openers
All garage door openers will use the same PIN.
Programming Garage Door Opener Keypad
- Enter your PIN and press the PROG button (red LED blinks once per second).
- Press the PROG button a second time (red LED blinks twice per second).
- Press the total number of doors you wish to control (either 2 or 3).
- Press the PROG button a third time (red LED blinks several times and turns off).
Programming Garage Door Opener
- Decide which door will be Door 1, 2 and 3. “Learn Code” indicator LED (on opener) blinks.
- Enter your PIN and press the arrow up/down triangle button. “Learn Code” indicator LED continues to blink.
- Press the number you have picked for this door opener: 1, 2 or 3. “Learn Code” indicator LED stays on.
- Press the arrow up/down triangle button a second time. “Learn Code” indicator LED turns off.
- Press the arrow up/down triangle button a third time. Garage door should move.
- Repeat steps one through five for programming each garage door opener. Each door opener must be programmed to receive the signal from the wireless keypad.
• If the garage door does not move, check the red LED on the keypad.
• If the LED blinks rapidly, the PIN was entered incorrectly.
• Any keypad button will control the door for 30 seconds after the door starts moving.
• Rapid blinking of the LED indicates an error. After a few seconds, the LED will turn off, and you can retry.
• If the red LED does not blink during use, the battery needs to be changed.
- Remove the battery cover.
- Drill a 1/16″ hole for the top mounting screw.
- Install a screw into the top drilled hole, leaving a 1/8″ gap between the screw head and the wall.
- Hook the keypad over the screw.
- Mark the bottom hole, then screw in the bottom screw.
- Reinstall the battery cover.
Should you need additional information about installing or programming your garage door opener or remote, please call Overhead Door 7 Rivers Region at (608) 783-6080.